Can smart phones trigger headache and migraine? Yes, and here are some reasons why:
- Sceen movement can “confuse the brain”.
- Flicker and certain patterns are well-known migraine triggers.
- Bright light and glare can trigger headache or make symptoms worse.
- You blink less – which means dry and sore eyes.
- Too much time on a smartphone could mean stiff, sore muscles.
- Straining to read small fonts can lead to head/eye pain.
- Look away, stretch, take breaks.
- Dim the screen.
- Use a magnifier/image stabilizer such as SuperVision+.
- Consciously try to blink more often.
- Try anti-migraine glasses like TheraSpecs.
- Keep the screen clean and consider an anti-glare cover.
- Increase the font size.
- Tiny screens can be a big strain on eyes
- 4 Ways Your Smartphone Is Hurting Your Health
- Migraines, Computer Screens, and Headaches