Many people aren’t even aware of the confusion and controversy surrounding butterbur as a migraine preventative. But after listening to this podcost – well, at the very least you can join in the confusion!
More to read:
- Update on the efficacy and safety of Petadolex®, a butterbur extract for migraine prophylaxis – this covers the research from the 2000s, but unfortunately does not include newer information about the controversy.
- Serious Concerns about Butterbur
- Taking a Closer Look at the Herbal Remedy, Butterbur
- Migraine Preventative Butterbur Has Safety Concerns
- Petadolex – this is the most recommended version of butterbur. At 50mg per softgel, many migraine patients would take 3 softgels per day.
- Butterbur (Petasites) for Migraine Headaches – Risks & Benefit Update