- It’s in your head. Go out in the sun for a while…go do something to take your mind off of it…stop thinking about it Ur making the pain worse by thinking about it. – Sherri Franklin
- It’s your fault. You must of ate something you shouldn’t have. – supportfibro
- “Why don’t you take up a hobby?” Its probably just stress…..grrrrrr! – Odette Perez Godwin
- A woman I used to work with, said “these people who complain about migraines just use it as an excuse they need to just get on with it it’s just a headache”…. – Tracy Western
- GP: If you lived on a dessert island what would you do, and also if you didnt take your medication you would be cured within a month!! hmmmmm!! He got a roasting from me! – Clare Monaghan
- I’ve been told to sit out in the sun, that and fresh air will make the migraine better. U think?? Said by a person who never even gets headaches – Theresa Maddox
- That if you get drunk you can sleep through an attack… didn’t work, nightmare began upon waking up instead of during sleep 😉 – Nicholas Holm
- My absolute favorite is “Oh, your head hurt. But you are still (working, cooking, taking care of the children, functioning) so it must not be that bad.” Really? It makes me want to touch the person and let them experience the pain…… they wouldn’t last a minute! – Davina E. Bell
- Let me 1st say I DID NOT try this, in fact I put a big distance between me and the person that told me this. She said to soak a face rag in the urine of a 10 yr old boy and put it on my forehead. It supposedly was an old Spanish remedy that her mother told her to tell me to try. How crazy weird is that! Lol – Cindy Lolli Wetzel Graff
- something along lines of maybe u should consider a diff career (other than nursing) – UnknownAmy
- From a former supervisor… “Seriously, you’re going to use a headache as an excuse to skip work? Take some aspirin, suck it up, see you in two hours.” – Todd Osmun
- Smell onions and stop drinking caffeine!! – Nicole Pylant Sifuentes
- “I don’t know why you medicate. Medication is bad. Just lay down and the *headache* will pass.” SURE…it will! – Patricia Mili
Wow. Some of those struck a nerve with me, that’s for sure. And maybe the scariest thing was the number of people saying that they had heard the same things!
Leave a comment – what’s the worst advice you’ve ever received?