Child Migraine – catch it early to get the best treatment!
5%+ have an attack before age 15 (1/3 of those before age 5)!
Having 1 or more parent with migraine increases risk.
Possible symptoms to watch for:
- Changes in temperament (temper, sadness, attention problems)
- Nausea/vomiting/cyclical vomiting
- Abdominal pain (typically 2 hours or longer)
- Head pain (sometimes)
- Car sickness
- Flushed or pale
- Shadows under the eyes
- Visual aura (a small percentage of cases)
- Sensitivity to light
A new/different headache, or change in frequency? Time to see a doctor!
- Symptoms of Abdominal Migraine
- â€œPremonitoryâ€ Symptoms of Migraine in Children
- Child Migraine overview
- Abdominal Migraine overview