Headache Specialists: USA (and a hint of Canada)

If you’re looking for a headache or migraine specialist, there’s an updated resource available to you.

The Migraine Research Foundation provides an updated list of specialists listed by state in the USA (with a few in Canada too).  Recently, they updated their list to include patient ages.  So if you’re looking for a specialist for a child or teen, this is now a very helpful resource.

I recommend you get to a specialist as early as possible in headache and migraine treatment – it can save you a lot of headaches (no pun intended) down the road.

How are the specialists chosen?  The document states:

The United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties is an independent, non-profit, professional medical organization that certifies competency in physicians who have passed a special headache subspecialty examination.

To download the list, visit this resource page and click on Doctors certified in headache medicine.  You will be accessing a pdf document.

More about the United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties

Be Sociable, Share!
1 comment… add one
  • jemo Jul 26, 2011

    It’s sad to see only three Canadian docs on the list. I’m not aware of a similar certification process in Canada. In Toronto, where I am a patient of Dr. Christine Lay (who is on the list) there are several headache specialists but she’s the only one, I guess, who can use the term ‘board certified’. Unfortunately, her waiting list is at least a year long.

Leave a Comment