We’ve known about a link between migraine and magnesium for over 70 years.
Researchers now believe that magnesium is one of the best preventative treatments for migraine.
- Talk to your doctor
- Try a for 3 months to see if it helps
- Take between 400 and 1200mg per day (if possible in 2 or 3 doses)
- Start with a low dosage and raise it slowly
- Do not take with calcium (check the label!)
- If you get diarrhea, try a different type of magnesium or lower the dose
- Eat foods high in magnesium (ie dark green leafy vegetables, beans)
For recommended brands & advice from other migraineurs, check here: